Most people shop and spend their money. But what if you could shop and get paid? That’s where mystery shopping comes in.
Mystery shopping is a side hustle where you get paid to go into a store, pretend to be a regular shopper, and write a review about your experience. The crazier shops I’ve heard about involve going to luxury designer stores and getting to keep whatever it is that you’re supposed to buy. But most mystery shopping gigs are much more humble. You might be asked to rate the customer service, check the prices, or make sure the store is clean and organized.
According to Jenn Trinidad, a mystery shopper who made about $2,000 a month on average, here are some tips on how to make money mystery shopping:
- Sign up with reputable mystery shopping companies. You can find a list of reputable mystery shopping companies on the MSPA website.
- Complete your profile thoroughly. The more complete your profile is, the more likely you are to be selected for mystery shopping assignments.
- Be responsive to emails and messages. Mystery shopping companies need to be able to reach you quickly if they have a new assignment for you.
- Complete your assignments on time and accurately. Mystery shopping companies are looking for shoppers who can provide detailed and accurate reports.
- Be professional and discreet. Mystery shoppers are expected to act like regular customers. They should not reveal their identity as mystery shoppers to employees or other customers.
Here are some of the typical mystery shopping jobs that you can do:
- Restaurant reviews: Visit a restaurant and evaluate the food, service, and atmosphere.
- Retail store reviews: Visit a retail store and evaluate the selection of merchandise, customer service, and cleanliness.
- Hotel reviews: Stay at a hotel and evaluate the room, amenities, and service.
- Bank reviews: Visit a bank and evaluate the customer service, security, and cleanliness.
- Gas station reviews: Visit a gas station and evaluate the prices, cleanliness, and customer service.
The amount of money you can make mystery shopping varies depending on the company, the type of assignment, and your experience. However, you can typically expect to earn between $10 and $50 per assignment.
Mystery shopping can be a great way to make some extra money in your spare time. It is a flexible and fun way to work, and you can get to experience new places and try new things. If you are interested in becoming a mystery shopper, I recommend checking out the MSPA website and signing up with a few reputable companies.thumb_upthumb_downuploadGoogle itmore_vert
To get started with mystery shopping, you’ll need to sign up with a mystery shopping company. There are some different companies out there, so it’s important to do your research and find one that has a good reputation. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to view the available mystery shopping gigs in your area.
The pay for mystery shopping gigs varies depending on the company and the type of gig. Some gigs pay as little as $10, while others can pay up to $50 or more. You’ll also need to factor in the time it takes to travel to and from the store, as well as the time it takes to write your review.
Overall, mystery shopping is a great way to make some extra money on the side. It’s a relatively easy way to earn some extra cash, and you can do it in your spare time. Plus, you get to shop for free!
Here are some tips for getting started with mystery shopping:
- Do your research: There are several different mystery shopping companies out there, so it’s important to do your research and find one that has a good reputation.
- Sign up for multiple companies: This will give you access to more mystery shopping gigs.
- Be patient: It can take some time to find mystery shopping gigs that are a good fit for you.
- Be honest and detailed in your reviews: The companies that hire mystery shoppers rely on your feedback to improve their businesses.
- Have fun! Mystery shopping is a great way to get out and explore your community while making some extra money.
Here are some of the most popular mystery shopping companies:
- InTacto: InTacto is one of the largest mystery shopping companies in the world. They offer a variety of mystery shopping gigs in a variety of industries.
- Market Force Information: Market Force Information is another large mystery shopping company. They offer a variety of mystery shopping gigs in a variety of industries.
- BestMark: BestMark is a well-respected mystery shopping company. They offer a variety of mystery shopping gigs in a variety of industries.
- Field Agent: Field Agent is a mobile mystery shopping app. You can find mystery shopping gigs near you and complete them using your smartphone.
- Mobee: Mobee is another mobile mystery shopping app. You can find mystery shopping gigs near you and complete them using your smartphone.
Hotel Mystery Shopping Resources:
- A CLOSER LOOK https://www.a-closer-look.com/
- BARE INTERNATIONAL https://www.bareinternational.com/
- BUCKALEW HOSPITALITY https://www.buckalewhospitality.com/
- COYLE HOSPITALITY GROUP https://www.coylehospitality.com/
- DATA QUEST https://www.sassieshop.com/2dq/index.norm.php
- HS BRANDS https://hsbrands.com/solutions/mystery-shopping/
- INTELLISHOP https://insite.intelli-shop.com/index.norm.php
- MARKET APPROACH https://marketapproach.clientsmart.com/shopperregister_email.php
- MERCANTILE SYSTEMS https://mercsystems.shopmetrics.com/document.asp?alias=login REALITY BASED GROUP https://www.realitybasedreports.com/index.norm.php
RESEARCHING MYSTERY SHOPPING COMPANIES
- http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre40.shtm to learn more about the check cashing scam