The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® has recently undergone significant changes. While some of these changes may be seen as negative, the card does come with new perks that may make it appealing to many individuals.
Additionally, the card currently has a limited-time bonus offer, which may be a reason for some people to consider applying for the card now. Although an exact end date for this offer has not been provided, it is important to note that this offer will be ending soon. Therefore, if you are interested in the card, it is recommended to apply as soon as possible.
Earn 100K AAdvantage miles with the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card
The Citi AAdvantage Executive Card is currently offering a limited-time bonus of 100,000 AAdvantage miles after spending $10,000 within the first three months. As an estimate, these AAdvantage miles can be valued at approximately $1,500. These miles can be redeemed for various experiences, such as Etihad’s A350 business class or Qatar Airways’ 777 business class.
It is important to note that any spending on the card can earn Loyalty Points, which can contribute towards earning elite status such as Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, or Executive Platinum. However, the welcome bonus does not count towards earning Loyalty Points. Upon completing the minimum spending requirement, a minimum of 10,000 Loyalty Points can be earned.
Citi AAdvantage Executive Card eligibility requirements
If you are interested in applying for the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card, please note that the typical Citi credit card application restrictions apply. This includes the restriction that individuals can only be approved for one Citi card every eight days and a maximum of two Citi cards every 65 days.
Furthermore, the bonus is not available to individuals who have received a new account bonus on this specific card within the past 48 months. However, having additional American Airlines credit cards—whether they are personal or business cards and regardless of whether they are from Citi or Barclays—will not affect your eligibility for this card.
Why the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card is worth it
The Citi AAdvantage Executive Card comes with an annual fee of $595. However, it offers various perks that can help offset this fee. One notable perk is that it is the best card for accessing American Admirals Clubs:
- The primary cardmember receives an Admirals Club membership
- Authorized users also receive Admirals Club access; individuals can add up to three authorized users for a total cost of $175 (approximately under $60 per user), and any additional authorized user costs $175
It is important to understand the distinction between the Admirals Club membership for the primary cardmember and Admirals Club access for authorized users. The primary cardmember can access partner lounges, such as Alaska Lounges, whereas authorized users cannot. However, both the primary cardmember and authorized users can each bring two guests or immediate family members into Admirals Clubs when flying with American Airlines or an eligible partner airline on the same day.
In addition to Admirals Club access, the card offers several other perks, including:
- The primary cardmember and up to eight companions on the same reservation receive a first checked bag for free on domestic American Airlines itineraries
- Priority check-in, priority security, and early boarding are provided when flying with American Airlines
- Up to 20,000 bonus Loyalty Points per year, unrelated to card spending; for example, earning 50,000 Loyalty Points with AAdvantage will result in an additional 10,000 bonus Loyalty Points, and earning 90,000 Loyalty Points will result in another 10,000 bonus Loyalty Points
- Up to $120 reimbursement for eligible Avis or Budget rentals every calendar year, which can be applied to a single rental
- Up to $120 statement credit for eligible Grubhub purchases every year, with up to $10 credited per billing statement
- Up to $120 Lyft credits every year, with up to $10 credit per month after completing three eligible rides
- Up to $100 reimbursement every four years for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fees
- Travel protection, including coverage for trip cancellation and interruption, trip delay, lost baggage, and worldwide rental cars
- Earning 10x AAdvantage miles on eligible rental cars booked through aa.com/cars and eligible hotels booked through aa.com/hotels
For a detailed review of the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card, please refer to the respective article.
The Citi AAdvantage Executive Card currently offers an exceptional limited-time welcome bonus of 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles upon completing the minimum spending requirement. While the bonus is enticing (estimated value of $1,500), there are numerous reasons beyond the miles that make this card worthwhile.
The card’s annual fee of $595 is lower than the cost of a standalone Admirals Club membership. Additionally, authorized users can be added at a reasonable cost, and cardholders can take advantage of various perks, including up to $360 worth of credits and the opportunity to earn up to 20,000 bonus Loyalty Points annually.
If you have been considering this card but have not yet applied, now is an excellent time to do so, especially as this limited-time offer is ending soon. This card has been a staple in my wallet for years.
Are you planning to apply for the Citi AAdvantage Executive Card with the 100K miles bonus?
Apply now for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®