American express is always tweaking the cards
Five new changes to the Amex Platinum, all without any advance notice
- The minimum spend for the bonus increases from $6,000 to $8,000. (The starting welcome bonus is 80,000 Membership Rewards points, although refer-a-friend and incognito/private browser/Resy offers are often higher.
- Amex now has language restricting you from getting the bonus on this Card if you have or have had this card, the Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Charles Schwab, the Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Morgan Stanley, or previous versions of these Cards.
- Additional Platinum cards are now $195 each, up from $175 for up to 3 AU Plat cards, yielding a $20 increase for 1 AU but a total cost of $390 for 2 and $585 for the same 3 cards vs. $175, $350, and $525, respectively.
- If you want an Authorized User card with none of the benefits, that is still available as the “Companion Platinum Card.” They will simply be able to make charges that post to your account, and that’s all.
- Audible will no longer be a choice for the Entertainment credit (after October 1, 2023). The Wall Street Journal is a choice as of today.
Update: The next day, the other versions all caught up.
#Amex #Platinum #Card #Today